The Phoenician Route
The LAU Louis Cardahi Foundation, in its capacity as an active member of the scientific committee with the Confederation of the Council of Europe, will seek to sustain the development of the project according to protocols that include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Scientific and creative role: mapping and defining the Phoenician Cultural Heritage Route within and among Lebanese cities and providing studies and descriptions of monuments (Assist Documentation according to the Hague Convention).
- Academic and communicative role: training local communities and providing interdisciplinary expertise to:
- Foster the preservation of cultural heritage by providing prevention know-how against damage to cultural heritage, in support of law enforcement agencies.
- Provide training programs for cultural heritage awareness, offering specialized competencies and targeted curricula.
- Increase public participation by means of the latest technologies and tools to enhance public involvement.
- Promote intercultural dialogue.
- Develop Information Technology centers and/or tourism centers within relevant municipalities that would cater to cultural tourism activities in Lebanon to promote the protection of archaeological sites and the preservation of historical buildings and monuments.