Research at the Foundation
The Louis Cardahi Foundation Library welcomes students, researchers or any visitors who wish to learn more about Byblos over the centuries, as well as about other topics relevant to Lebanon and the broader region.
Some examples of research conducted at the Foundation Library by prominent external researchers in recent years include (but are not limited to):
- Vanished Heritage Under Urban Development (by Maria Bachour/Lebanese University, 2017)
- The Romanesque Cathedrals: Byblos and Tartous (by Stephanie Kordahi/LAU, 2002)
- Franco Bis Beyrouth 2002, Hommage aux chercheurs francophones qui ont contribues a la renommee de la ville de Jbeil – Byblos
- Perspectives de l’Archéologique sous-marine (by Zareh Amadouny, 1996)
- Aménagement des espaces vertes à Byblos (by Julie Lakkis/Université de Montréal)
- Le Port Phénicien (by Rania Aoun, Karine Mansour, and Pamela Atieh /ALBA)
- Géomorphologie du Port de Byblos (by Christophe Morhange/CNRS–LEREVE)
- La Navigation à Byblos (by Julie Bresse/USEK)
- Mémoire de maîtrise sur l’articulation site–Vieille ville (by Jean-Christophe Monnet/Institut Français d’urbanisme Paris VIII)
- Figures du patrimoine au Liban représentations et trajectoires des espaces Hérités à Tyr, Saida et Byblos (by Maud Moussi/Université de Tour)
- Byblos Photograhy Exhibition by Paul Zgheib and Pierre Daou (June 1997)
- Sculpture Exhibition “Phoenician Spirit” by Nabil Basbous (July 1996)
- Painting Exhibitions about Byblos (by Joseph Matar, Samira Nehme, Father Jean Jabbour, Chucrallah Fattouh, Antoine Matar and others) (May 1996)
- July 16-22, 2018: LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation promotes The Umayyad Route Museum at the World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies, Seville, Spain. The program will be posted soon.
- June 19-21, 2018, Study Days: Cortana - Naples - Jaen - Dialogue Euro-Mediterranean - Iberian and Etruscan in the Ancient Mediterranean Sea Following the Phoenician’s Route Between Archaeological Investigation, Cultural Itineraries and Tourist Promotions in partnership with LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation (view program).
- May 15, 2018: Launching ceremony of the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation in Jbeil downtown.
- March 16, 2018: The meeting of the Phoenicians’ Route International Scientific Committee and the International Workshop “2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage” In collaboration with the Rotary Club of Castelvetrano, Marinella di Selinunte (Sicily) (Newsletter).
- October 26 to 28, 2017: V FÓRUM MELILLA 2017, CIUDADES Y TERRITORIOS CREATIVOS DE ESPAÑA,“Melilla, la Puerta del Mediterráneo Sustainable and Creative Tourism and Intercultural Dialogue in the Mediterranean.
- October 9, 10, 11, 2017: exhibition and lecture promoting LCF at the X Euro - Mediterranean Dialogue” Celebration of the XXX Anniversary of the Council of Europe Cultural Routes Program” “From Lebanon to Spain on the Phoenicians’ Route “and General Assembly 2017, Jaén - Spain.
- October 5th, 2017: Exhibition and lecture promoting LCF” Cultural Heritage Activities for the safeguarding of Byblos Cultural Heritage”. Conservation and sustainability of the Euro-Mediterranean Cultural Heritage. 20 YEARS of THE ROUTES OF EL LEGADO ANDALUSÍ, “Cultural Route of the Council of Europe” Madinat al-Zahra (Cordoba), “Protection and Conservation in UNESCO World Heritage Sites”.
- May, 21 – 25, 2017: LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum promotes Cultural Heritage and sustains an Interactive Network of Historical Cities in Lebanon and abroad, during the 8th International Conference on Science and Technology in Archaeology and Conservation (STAC 8) in Amman, Jordan.
- April 24, 2017: LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum was promoted at the LAU - Byblos, Exhibition UN - NYC.
- March 23, 2017: During the Phoenician route visit to the LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation in collaboration with the Lebanese Tourism Guides Syndicate, collaboration initiative with the foundation was launched to contribute to the sustainability of the “Phoenician route”.
- December 19, 2016: During the steering committee meeting and final conference of the Umayyad project, the project partners inaugurated the Umayyad digital museum at the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum.
- April 24, 2016: Dr. Rachid Chamoun, Director of LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation was elected as an official member of the Scientific Committee of the Cultural Route of the Council of Europe “The Phoenicians’ Route”. The Scientific Committee, composed of 5 experts in the fields of Tourism, Culture and Local Development, will undertake on behalf of the Phoenicians’ Route, scientific assistance in the evaluation of applications for new adhesion to the Route, as well as performing an advisory role about its activities, if the Management considers it essential.