Activities and Exhibitions
- January 9-11, 2019: In collaboration with the ministry of tourism, LCF will be hosting A FESTIVAL of INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE ON THE PHOENICIANS’ ROUTE – Kick off meeting of the international committee of the Phoenicians’ route in the framework of the European Year of Cultural Heritage. Beirut and Byblos, Lebanon. (Phoenician Route Banner).
- November 17, 2018: Cultural Art Concert “From Carthage to Tyre”, in the monastery of the castle, Beit Meri. (video one - video two - poster).
- October 15, 2018: Discovery trip of the Roman road in the southern region of Jbeil, organized by the NGO “Via…EXCURSION “ORIENTAL VIA APPIA”
- October 08–11, 2018: General Assembly of the Phoenicians’ Route - Zagreb (Croatia). The role of the Interpretation Center in Byblos along the Phoenician’s Route.
Smart Ways: Best Practice in Lebanon to Riding the Phoenician Wave (view program).
Dr. Rachid Chamoun
Director of the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Phoenician’s Route
- July 16-22, 2018: LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation promotes The Umayyad Route Museum at the World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies, Seville, Spain. The program will be posted soon.
- June 19-21, 2018, Study Days: Cortana - Naples - Jaen - Dialogue Euro-Mediterranean - Iberian and Etruscan in the Ancient Mediterranean Sea Following the Phoenician’s Route Between Archaeological Investigation, Cultural Itineraries and Tourist Promotions in partnership with LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation. (view program).
- May 20,2018: Imagine building a trireme out of used plastic bottles. Now, imagine seeing this ship sailing from Byblos, the famous Phoenician port, following the historical shoreline route all the way to Beirut.
Lebanese American University (LAU) in partnership with NGO Chreek and high school students from across Lebanon. LAU Cardahi Foundation participated in the posters design and display of the Phoenician’s route history and cultural itinerary in Lebanon.
Highlights of this initiative:
1. Celebrating Lebanon’s heritage
2. Raising awareness on the environment and the importance of recycling and upcycling
3. Raising our children with a sense of belonging and enhancing community relations
4. Placing Lebanon on the map by constructing the biggest Phoenician ship ever built out of bottles
- May 15, 2018: Launching ceremony of the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation in Jbeil downtown.
- March 16, 2018: The meeting of the Phoenicians’ Route International Scientific Committee and the International Workshop “2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage” In collaboration with the Rotary Club of Castelvetrano, Marinella di Selinunte (Sicily) (Newsletter).
- October 26 to 28, 2017: V FÓRUM MELILLA 2017, CIUDADES Y TERRITORIOS CREATIVOS DE ESPAÑA,“Melilla, la Puerta del Mediterráneo Sustainable and Creative Tourism and Intercultural Dialogue in the Mediterranean.
- October 9, 10, 11, 2017: exhibition and lecture promoting LCF at the X Euro - Mediterranean Dialogue” Celebration of the XXX Anniversary of the Council of Europe Cultural Routes Program” “From Lebanon to Spain on the Phoenicians’ Route “and General Assembly 2017, Jaén - Spain.
- October 5th, 2017: Exhibition and lecture promoting LCF” Cultural Heritage Activities for the safeguarding of Byblos Cultural Heritage”. Conservation and sustainability of the Euro-Mediterranean Cultural Heritage. 20 YEARS of THE ROUTES OF EL LEGADO ANDALUSÍ, “Cultural Route of the Council of Europe” Madinat al-Zahra (Cordoba), “Protection and Conservation in UNESCO World Heritage Sites”.
- May, 21 – 25, 2017: LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum promotes Cultural Heritage and sustains an Interactive Network of Historical Cities in Lebanon and abroad, during the 8th International Conference on Science and Technology in Archaeology and Conservation (STAC 8) in Amman, Jordan.
- April 24, 2017: LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum was promoted at the LAU - Byblos, Exhibition UN - NYC.
- March 23, 2017: During the Phoenician route visit to the LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation in collaboration with the Lebanese Tourism Guides Syndicate, collaboration initiative with the foundation was launched to contribute to the sustainability of the “Phoenician route”. Ancient Mediterranean Days. Tour in Lebanon, on the Phoenicians’ Route.
- December 19, 2016: During the steering committee meeting and final conference of the Umayyad project, the project partners inaugurated the Umayyad digital museum at the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation and Museum.
- April 24, 2016: Dr. Rachid Chamoun, Director of LAU - Louis Cardahi Foundation was elected as an official member of the Scientific Committee of the Cultural Route of the Council of Europe “The Phoenicians’ Route”. The Scientific Committee, composed of 5 experts in the fields of Tourism, Culture and Local Development, will undertake on behalf of the Phoenicians’ Route, scientific assistance in the evaluation of applications for new adhesion to the Route, as well as performing an advisory role about its activities, if the Management considers it essential.
- Byblos Photograhy Exhibition by Paul Zgheib and Pierre Daou (June 1997)
- Sculpture Exhibition “Phoenician Spirit” by Nabil Basbous (July 1996)
- Painting Exhibitions about Byblos (by Joseph Matar, Samira Nehme, Father Jean Jabbour, Chucrallah Fattouh, Antoine Matar and others) (May 1996)