Institutional Collaboration - WATCH
Center for the Preservation and Protection of Cultural Heritage (CPCH)
CPCH - Workshops
- Disaster Risk Reduction to Protect Natural and Cultural Heritage: at The Center for the Preservation and Protection of Cultural Heritage (CPCH) and Exhibition of the Enhanced Protection Cultural Heritage Sites - Lebanon:
- List of heritage sites requested for special protection in Lebanon)
- Blue Shield - Lebanon
- Lebanese Committee for the Blue Shield (LCBS) Brochure (Arabic)
- Lebanese Committee for the Blue Shield (LCBS) Brochure (English)
- 1999 Second Protocol to the Hague Convention
- Ratification of the Second Protocol to the 1954 UNESCO Convention of The Hague for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict by Lebanon
The Center for the Preservation of the Protection of Cultural Heritage Launching Ceremony
The LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation organized, under the patronage of the Ministry of Culture, the Directorate General of Antiquities in Lebanon and in partnership with the World Association for the Protection of Tangible and Intangible Cultural Heritage in Times of Armed Conflict (WATCH) a launching ceremony of The Center for the Preservation and Protection of Cultural Heritage (CPCH), on October 14, 2019.
Target group: Concerned State and local authorities (e.g. Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Interior and municipalities, Ministry of Defense, Lebanese UNESCO Commission and National Civil Protection Agencies - (e.g. civil and military engineers, scientists, regional planners, jurists, municipal engineers), ICOMOS, Civil Defence, Red Cross- Lebanon, NGOs, CSOs, Professional organizations (Board of Architects, Engineers, Geologists) and others.
In addition of two-days’ workshop entitled: “Disaster Risk Reduction to Protect Natural and Cultural Heritage” from October 15-16, 2019, at the LAU-LCF, as a part of the CPCH.
Participants during their visit to Byblos Archaeological Site.