Research at the Foundation
The Louis Cardahi Foundation Library welcomes students, researchers or any visitors who wish to learn more about Byblos over the centuries, as well as about other topics relevant to Lebanon and the broader region.
Some examples of research conducted at the Foundation Library by prominent external researchers in recent years include (but are not limited to):
- Perspectives de l’Archéologique sous-marine (by Zareh Amadouny, 1996)
- Aménagement des espaces vertes à Byblos (by Julie Lakkis/Université de Montréal)
- Le Port Phénicien (by Rania Aoun, Karine Mansour, and Pamela Atieh /ALBA)
- Géomorphologie du Port de Byblos (by Christophe Morhange/CNRS–LEREVE)
- La Navigation à Byblos (by Julie Bresse/USEK)
- Mémoire de maîtrise sur l’articulation site–Vieille ville (by Jean-Christophe Monnet/Institut Français d’urbanisme Paris VIII)
- The Romanesque Cathedrals: Byblos and Tartous (by Stephanie Kordahi/LAU, 2002)
- Figures du patrimoine au Liban représentations et trajectoires des espaces Hérités à Tyr, Saida et Byblos (by Maud Moussi/Université de Tour)
- Franco Bis Beyrouth 2002, Hommage aux chercheurs francophones qui ont contribues a la renommee de la ville de Jbeil – Byblos
- Vanished Heritage Under Urban Development (by Maria Bachour/Lebanese University, 2017)
- Byblos Photograhy Exhibition by Paul Zgheib and Pierre Daou (June 1997)
- Painting Exhibitions about Byblos (by Joseph Matar, Samira Nehme, Father Jean Jabbour, Chucrallah Fattouh, Antoine Matar and others) (May 1996)
- Sculpture Exhibition “Phoenician Spirit” by Nabil Basbous (July 1996)
- March 15-18, 2018: Meeting of the Scientific Committee of the Phoenician’s Route, Selinunte-Sicily, Italy.
- May 17, 2018: Launching ceremony of the LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation in Jbeil downtown. The program will be posted soon.
- June 19-21, 2018, Study Days: Cortana - Naples - Jaen - Dialogue Euro-Mediterranean - Iberian and Etruscan in the Ancient Mediterranean Sea Following the Phoenician’s Route Between Archaeological Investigation, Cultural Itineraries and Tourist Promotions in partnership with LAU-Louis Cardahi Foudation. The program will be posted soon.
- July 16-22, 2018: LAU-Louis Cardahi Foundation promotes The Umayyad Route Museum at the World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies, Seville, Spain. The program will be posted soon.